Our Christian Confession
We believe, teach and confess that salvation is ours by the grace of God, which is his undeserved mercy, through faith in Jesus Christ, as taught in the Word of God. We hold to the Bible as the completely true and inspired Word of God, the only source and authority for Christian faith and life.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). This is the sum of our faith. On the basis of this and many other passages in Scripture, we believe, teach and confess that:
- There is one God, who has revealed himself as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Mankind and this world are God’s creation.
- All people, because the first man and woman disobeyed God, are conceived and born in sin and throughout their lives commit sin in thought and word and deed. As a result all people are naturally under God’s condemnation, deserving of his anger and eternal punishment.
- God sent his own Son, Jesus Christ, into this world to be the Savior of all people. He satisfied God’s justice by living a perfect life in our place and he suffered the consequences of the world’s sin by his crucifixion and death. He thereby paid for the sins of the world.
- God raised Jesus from the dead, giving us the certainty of our salvation.
By faith in Jesus as our Savior, we have the forgiveness of all our sins and the sure hope of eternal life.
- At death, our soul goes to be with God in heaven.
- At the end of the world Jesus will come back to judge the living and the dead, taking all who are God’s own by faith in Jesus to live with him forever.
This we believe, teach and confess.
Click here to view a more complete statement of our doctrinal beliefs entitled “This We Believe.”